Thursday, February 9, 2012

monster valentine box project

I was asked to help my son's second grade class make boxes for valentine's day and I came up with these funny tissue box monsters.  Card stock teeth (glued on the inside), egg carton eyes with google-y eyes hot glued on, pipe cleaners and foam heart stickers (sandwiched pairs on the tops of the pipe cleaners).  The kids even managed to not make a huge mess with the paint.  I, of course, did all of the hot-gluing.  Fun!!!

I really love how each one turned out looking different- with their own personalities!!!  I also love that most of these materials were recycled and super cheap.

1 comment:

  1. We did this in our second grade class today and they loved it. I made them decide how they were going to get everything to stick (instead of painting we covered boxes in tissue paper). They felt a real sense of accomplishment and pride. I appreciate the idea very much.

    ReplyDelete